Surveys and Valuations

Surveys and valuations can be needed for a variety of purposes, including house purchase, lending, acquisitions and disposals, probate valuations, matrimonial settlement valuations, taxation, relocation, lease enfranchisement and planning and development.

At Rumball Sedgwick we understand that property ownership is usually the biggest investment people make. You will want to know if there are any significant issues that could make a difference to the value of the property.

It is always wise to commission a professional survey or valuation, to enable you to make an informed decision, whatever the property transaction. Our expert, qualified chartered surveyors are here to help you.

HomeBuyers reports

If you are buying a property, you will usually find that a RICS HomeBuyer report is the most cost-effective option. Designed by the RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) it is a concise report detailing any problems that could affect the property’s value.

House surveys or building surveys

A house survey or building survey is more comprehensive, suitable for older properties or those for renovation or of unusual construction.

Property valuations

You may just want a straightforward property valuation that gives you an idea of the market value of your property. This could be for matrimonial reasons, financial appraisals or for probate (after the home owner’s death).

Condition reports

A condition report gives you a snapshot of a property’s condition but does not include a valuation.

Reinstatement cost assessment

A reinstatement cost assessment advises you for how much you should insure your property.

You can find more information from RICS about different survey types here.

If you need a survey or valuation, call us on 01923 200099.