Planning Applications & Appeals
If you are starting out on the planning process, or started but hit a snag, then Rumball Sedgwick has the expertise to assist you. Your project may be an extension to your home, a new build, or a commercial development: whatever you want to build, we can help you through the various planning hoops.
Whether you require advice on a commercial or a residential planning application, our experts have wide experience of handling developments for individuals, businesses and developers. Each planning application is managed by one of our team, all of whom have the extensive, up-to-date knowledge required to make a success of your project.
Because we are regularly consulted for initial advice on planning applications and alternative uses for land and property, we are able to assess the viability of a development scheme, present you with a strategy and help you navigate the often complex planning process.
You will work closely with our chartered surveyors, who will give a professional assessment of your proposal.
How our Chartered Surveyors can help you
- Consider a site and its alternative uses
- Review current planning guidance as part of a desk-top review
- Hold pre-application discussions with planning officers to assess their views
- When necessary, liaise with specialists before submission of a planning application
By involving our expert planning consultants from the very beginning of your project, you should avoid later problems and save yourself time and money.
Our advice is available for these types of properties:
- New build, single or multiple dwellings
- Residential extensions and loft conversions
- Rural dwellings and barn conversions
- Change of use
- Commercial buildings and uses
- Places of worship, community and leisure uses
- Listed buildings and properties in conservation areas
If you are currently involved in a planning or development scheme, or think you have land or property with development potential that you would like to explore further, please contact us on 01923 200096 or 01727 519140.
If your planning application has been refused by the local authority, we can help you submit a planning appeal to the Planning Inspectorate. We act for clients on all types of appeals, including written appeals, hearings and public inquiries.
Our expert team will carry out an honest review of your case, looking at all the options and the likelihood of success, before advising you on whether or not to proceed, as planning appeals can be costly and stressful.
If you decide to go ahead with your appeal, we will draw on all our knowledge of the planning system to present a thoroughly researched case on your behalf. There are many different types of planning appeals, which include:-
- Appeal against planning refusal
- Appeal against planning approval subject to conditions
- Appeal against non-determination
- Enforcement appeals (including planning enforcement notice, listed building enforcement and discontinuance notice)
- Listed building/conservation area appeals
- Advertisement appeals
- Lawful Development Certificate appeals
For further information on any aspect of the planning process, contact one of our expert team today on 01923 200096.