Anyone thinking of buying a property is strongly recommended by both the consumer organisation Which? and the Council of Mortgage Lenders to get a survey before entering into a legally binding contract to purchase. A survey doesn’t take long to arrange and might help you save money on the price of the property.
Rumball Sedgwick employ several expert chartered property surveyors who are qualified to carry out:-
- Residential building (or structural) surveys,
- RICS HomeBuyer Reports
- Residential or commercial Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
Whichever service you require, our surveys will be tailored to suit your individual needs. The report you receive will be thorough and detailed, as our property surveyors are legally obliged to inform you of all their findings.
What is in a chartered surveyor’s report?
- Executive summary
- Property description
- External building inspection
- Internal building inspection
- External boundaries, gardens, garages, outhouses and sheds
- Photographs to highlight the defects
Our property surveying service is of the highest professional standards and is one of the many services we provide to help you through the home buying process.
How our surveyor can help you
- Make an informed decision on whether or not to purchase
- Decide on a realistic price to pay
- Take account of any repairs or replacements required
- Seek further advice (if necessary) before exchanging contracts
As well as providing you with a comprehensive property survey, we can also advise on any specialist reports that are required, or on legal and valuation issues that may arise from the survey. We are more than happy to liaise with other professionals involved in the purchase such as your estate agent, mortgage adviser, solicitor or specialist contractor.
We can also provide you with a wide range of associated services which include:-
- Planning applications
- Party wall matters
- Property valuations
- Architectural services
- Property management
- Properties for sale or let
For more information on our property services please contact our expert team on 01923 200099.